Summer is here! Though it doesn’t officially kick off until in about two weeks, the weather (at least) here in Florida has already set a reliable cue for the season. The humidity and afternoon showers are the two notable signs. While we cannot escape the summer heat, we can set a calming and relaxing tone in our home. Any white decor is a no-fail approach for this season decorating ideas.
When decorating, I always check what decors I’ve already owned. The last thing I want to do is to buy new items. I’m a firm believer that decorating doesn’t have to be expensive, and if you’re up for a challenge, there’s always an option for DIY decors. For this year, I’m keeping our summer decors as minimal as can be to create for us a tranquil ambiance.
7 TIPS FOR SUMMER DECORATING
1) Fresh Flowers. Whether you pick fresh flowers from your garden or buy it from your favorite grocer’s store, this decor is a winner. Nothing compares having fresh flowers at home. Unquestionably, it creates a welcoming setting!
2) Centerpiece. I love using the white round tray with gold handle. It sure has an elegant and sleek look. I then added few items on it. Of course, fresh flowers take a considerable part in this arrangement.
4) Photo Frames. I love white photo frames in various sizes for our front room display. I used the photos of our all-time favorite beach properties up North. It reminds us of its natural beauty; its rich family history; and its personal stories that we keep forever in our hearts.
5) Throw Pillows. White and Blue are the colors we are having at home this summer. Although I love bright colors, I prefer to have light colors for the summer to keep the calming and relaxing setting.
7) Area Rug. If you’re following my blog, perhaps you remember the ones I first used when we moved into this house. The design is too busy, and the colors are too bright. But this area rug we have now is calming and entirely for year-round use. I don’t have to worry about replacing it soon because it complements with our year-round decors.
I’d love to hear any tips for summer decorating from you? Do you go with minimal style? If not, what’s your decorating style? Please leave your comments below.
LET’S BE SOCIAL!