Let’s talk about how to organize hallway closet. I’ll show you how I keep this space in the house organized one year later and I’ll share with you a few storage ideas.
Last year, I had a post about our hallway closet where I showed you the before and after photos. Perhaps that was the most embarrassing one. See it for yourself here. When we moved to a blank slate house over a year ago, the storage was almost non-existent. It’s a 4-bedroom/ 3-bathroom house. Don’t get me wrong I love it so much but without adding storage units it’s almost impossible to organize our stuff. I’ve mentioned a few times that as a minimalist who finds a balance between less and more I purge every three months and make sure that we don’t have items in any space more than six months left unused. I either donate or toss the items.
Before I turned our hallway closet to utility storage, I considered the fact that I’m going to lose the space for linen storage. Where do I store our extra linens? So, to make things easier I have a couple of baskets on the top shelves in every bedroom closet that serve as linen organizers. It works for us and I intend to keep it that way. Of course, I’ll make a few tweaks as needed.
This post contains affiliate links. Please click HERE for full disclosure.
HOW TO ORGANIZE HALLWAY CLOSET
1. Take everything out. It’s the only way to sort out the items.
2. Purge the items. If you want to keep the space organized then, purge.
3. Determine what bins or organizers you’ll need for the space.
4. Before buying bins make sure to check first what you already have.
5. If you must buy new bins, measure, measure, measure.
6. Put heavy supplies on the lower shelves for safety.
7. Label the bins as needed or desired.
HALLWAY CLOSET STORAGE IDEAS
Our hallway closet is tiny so, it’s very important that I use every space and store items that we need rather than crowding it with tons of stuff that we barely use or worse not use at all. How do you organize your hallway closet?