One Room Challenge Week 2 is on! Wait, what? How is it even possible?
Before I’ll talk about the week 2 plan, let’s take a walk down the memory lane of week 1. Overall, I have had the most amazing time and a lot of learning curves throughout the week. The IKEA Hemnes hack wasn’t easy. From the time I unboxed the items to putting the pieces together to finding the right woods to use and have them cut to each specifications and put them together to sanding and painting. But holding on to my vision of transforming this room makes it doable.
The moment I decided to join the One Room Challenge I know I should choose our dining room because of the lack of storage and the space is literally unfinished. This project turned out more than I could wished for.
Here’s the snapshot of Week 1: Dining Room Makeover IKEA Hemnes Hack
1) I started with unboxing the items. All of the boxes were placed in our entryway for easy access.
2) Then, I organized the pieces to make the assemble time easier and faster.
3) I went to Lowe’s to pick up a few pieces of wood, mouldings, and drawer knobs that I’ll need for the hack.
This post contains affiliate links. Please click HERE for full disclosure.
4) Cut the pieces of wood and mouldings to each specifications and started the hack.
5) Lastly, I used caulk to seal the gaps and cracks that exist between two adjoining pieces of woods. I also used wood filler in some areas then, sand and prime it.
As of today, I have more sanding and caulking to do since I missed a few areas.
Now, on to week 2! This week I’ll be working on our dining table makeover. As you can see, the dining set is dark finish. It’s something that I don’t like anymore (I used to!). I’ll for sure address this issue. And because I’m leaning more to a modern look, I’m going to work on the chairs as well. So, yeah! Exciting week coming up!
In case you’ve missed Week 1 post, here you go. Don’t forget to follow me on Insta stories for updates and sneak peeks thoughout the week. And check the other guest participants and featured designers on their progress!
See you on week 3!