Our styled mantel for spring is one of the projects for the season that I pulled off first. These past few weeks, I’ve been planning on how to style our home and all I can think of is that pink, blue, and green are in. But I wasn’t sure how to incorporate them and which home decor items to use. I have mentioned before that this is our first year to decorate our home for spring, so there are not much of items available on hand. I have to say though that Wayfair, Joss & Main and Home Goods became my best friends throughout the process.
Our Styled Mantel for Spring
You’ll see that our styled mantel starts with a large mirror as a focal point. This piece is one of our home decors newest addition which I got from Joss & Main. I’m not usually drawn to using a shade of pink on my decorating style although, I own some pink stuff here and there. But this season I’m so in love with the easy-on-the-eyes flamingo color.
On the top of our styled mantel for spring, I decorated it with minimal items. I used clear decorative glass containers as vases and filled it with real branches. And I incorporated two DIY terrariums which surely added life to our mantel in general. At a glance, it has given balance to the 39-inch artificial cherry blossom branches with white and pink silk flowers on the lower portion. Layering. I made the right layering to effect the perfect spring look. In the middle, I added a sitting Shih Tzu figurine that I bought from Wayfair.
In the lower part of our styled mantel, I added a decorative basket full of cherry blossom branches with white and pink silk flowers which partially covered the fireplace. On the right, I added a white plant holder to showcase the real plant while on the left, I have a metal fur accent stool layered with a white faux sheepskin cover. Then, I integrated the pieces with pink plaid throw pillows and blue pillow to complete the look.
There are so many spring decorating ideas that are available on Pinterest. I was able to pick ideas here and there. But most importantly, I used the items that represent our style. It wasn’t easy to find them though because I made sure that the sizes and colors not only go with our mantel but also in our entire spring themed home. I like to maintain a harmonious flow in our home decor that’s why I’m very meticulous when choosing every piece that made it to the season.
5 Things to consider for a styled mantel for spring:
1) Decide what’s your focal point item. In our case, it took a while to find what piece to use. Not to mention, most of these decorative pieces can be expensive. I’ve waited and waited. Finally, the long wait has paid off. The Davenport Wall Mirror from Wayfair that I’ve been wanting was on sale so, I got it.
The piece came with very secure packaging. I buy most of our home decors and furniture online so I’m confident that the item would arrive in excellent condition. One thing that I didn’t realize though is how heavy the piece is. It was a bit of a challenge to hang it, but after a few tries, it’s set beautifully and securely.
2) Determine your colors for the season. From the first phase of my decorating plan for the season, I know that I’ll be using pink, blue, and green in the entire house. I used different shades of pink for most decors and blue for a few throw pillows while I added real plants to get the green color.
3) Be consistent with your decorating style. I have mentioned in my previous posts that I go with the minimalist style. I just love the clean look that makes a room spacious. And without a doubt, it resonates with my fashion style.
4) Get a balance between using artificial plants or branches and flowers and real ones. This season has made me try using artificial items. I’ve always gardened and grown plants. I’m just loving that I have a green thumb. But there’s something special about using the artificial plants. There are a bunch of them that look natural and beautifully crafted. And the astounding thing about it is its re-usable for next year. 🙂
5) Stick to your budget. I don’t know about you, but we have a limited budget for our house interior because we’ve already used most of the dollars for a full fence, screened patio, and other exterior projects that I’ll be revealing in one of my posts soon. So, I’m on a mission for a bargain hunt.
Our styled mantel is in our favorite room in the house. It’s in the family room which has an open floor plan that connects to the kitchen and breakfast dining. When we bought the house, I was determined to have the television hang on the mantel wall. But my husband convinced me that the idea doesn’t make sense since we rarely watch TV. Let alone be displayed it as a focal point. As much as I don’t want to admit it, but he’s actually right. I’m glad we took a different route. Instead, we bought an entertainment center which I’ll talk more on the next post.
I have to admit that this project has made it official to open our home for a spring season. I highly anticipated for this season which perhaps is my favorite one. But then every season has its reason, so it’s hard to pick for a favorite. 🙂
What is your decorating style? What colors do you usually use for your spring? How early do you start decorating? Do you decorate every season and special occasions? Do you use your decors from previous years or do you buy new ones every year? I’d love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below or email me at email@example.com.