A simple spring entryway is the next on my project lists for the season. I’m sure you’ll agree with me that entryway serves as the first impression of the house. It’s where we first welcome our family, friends, and guests, and so we don’t want to fail on this part. We decorate accordingly based on our preferred style. I believe that regardless of the style we choose, the one thing we share is the goal to keep it simple and organized making it easy on the eyes. Well, spring is here! Or should I say, it’s almost here! Are you ready for your spring decorating plans yet?
A SIMPLE SPRING ENTRYWAY
After I completed our spring mantel last week, I decided to tackle our simple spring entryway next. If this is your first time here, you can start in this post where I talked about our experience as first-time homeowners. Our house came with a blank slate, so when we moved in, we only have very few furniture pieces from our small apartment that not only look out of place but also outdated. The next sensible thing that we did was purchasing the significant furniture pieces that we wanted. Then, we based all accent pieces from it. At first, I was determined that I was going for the espresso finished furniture until I re-painted our interior walls with shades of gray. Each space of the house became all of a sudden dark. Unquestionably, I didn’t like it. I love to keep every room in our house as bright and welcoming as possible. So, I replaced the console table in the entryway and all of the accent items. Finding a console table that I like was almost impossible. I have this idea in my head what I wanted, but I couldn’t find it based on the style, the size, and the color. Last week as I was about to re-paint the espresso finish console table with white it came to my senses that the style of such piece is not what I’m going for. Again, I’m back looking for one. Finally, I found the piece at Joss & Main. It’s perfect. It has everything that I’m looking for. Oh, wait! Except for its finish though. It’s not much of my style. You bet! I already planned to paint it with white finish- to my specification. But when it arrived, I changed my mind. I’m in love with it! I have to admit this piece was the easiest to assemble. It only took me less than 30-minutes to get it done.
Since this is our first official spring in this house, I wanted to make our simple spring entryway a memorable one. I wanted to decorate it with a touch of creativity yet clean and organized. My previous posts can attest my minimalist decorating style. Over the course of time, there are variations of the minimalist style definition. For me, it means keeping things minimal and making sure every item has its place. That’s why I decided to go with this simple spring entryway. After I got the console table, I added a simple off-white mirror that serves as the focal point in the space. On the top of the console table, I have a white lantern; birds; nest with beige, pink, blue, and green eggs; clear glass vase with artificial hydrangea flowers [pink-white]; and our favorite symbol. In the middle section, I added ceramic vase on both sides and an artificial green plant in between. Finally, on the bottom section, I have jewelry boxes and a photo box. Overall, it’s what I really aimed for, and I’m happy how I dressed the table.
Beside the console table, I have two ceramic vases one with artificial hydrangea flowers [pink-white], and the other has real green leaves I got from our backyard. 🙂 I also have the ceramic white garden stool and on the wall above is the gold finish metal wall holder organizer. Lately, this is where I put the books that I have yet to read. It makes sense because my reading chair is in our front room. And we have another organizer in my office for our incoming and outgoing mail. On the other side of the entryway, our storage organizer is very plain, so I added some accents to enhance the piece. What other items can you think off I’d use? You got it! Of course, shades of pink pillows and throw blanket as well as some other items to complete the look.
5 TIPS FOR A SIMPLE SPRING ENTRYWAY
- Decide what style you’re going for. But keep an open mind for any possibilities. I say this because most often than we know our style changes based on the trend and the phase of life we are in.
- Choose your colors for the season. This can also depend on the trend. But of course, your preference will always win! In our case, my husband doesn’t care about colors, so it’s my pick. 🙂 That’s why I used shades of pink for the entire house. Well, I can’t guarantee that our 5-year old Shih Tzu likes my pick. It doesn’t matter at this point anyway. ..
- Trust your creative side. Decorate like you mean it. It doesn’t have to be always by the book. Discover how far your creativity takes you. Seriously, don’t hold back yourself. Keep trying!
- Don’t be afraid to incorporate accent items. You see I have birds and the eggs on the top of the table. Where’s the bunny? Well, it’s in the other room of the house. I want something that signifies Spring and a taste of Easter in our entryway leaving the most detailed decorations in the other rooms.
- Use items that you already have to complete your decorating style. Check your closets first before you spend $$. Remember, our goal for decorating is to get the maximum look while spending the minimum $$, preferably zero.
This post may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.
What is your decorating style for the spring? I’d love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below or email me at email@example.com. Let’s chat.
S H O P T H E L O O K